Basic Research & Applications
The program's research activities are continuously modified to fit client needs
The broad research & development activities include:
- Modification of commercial membranes to make them suitable for non-aqueous applications.
- Development of analytical and instrumental methods for evaluation of membrane performance, structure and chemistry in non-aqueous systems.
- Development of membrane based processing techniques to improve productivity, reduce energy consumption and reduce waste.
- Application of Micellar Enhanced Ultrafiltration to waste water treatment, food processing and chemical processing.
- Recovery and concentration of nutraceuticals/functional foods, phytochemicals and other minor components.