The Separation Sciences Program has the following aims and objectives:
- Promote the application of membrane science and technology to improve processing technologies, reduce energy utilization and waste treatment costs.
- Provide training in research and application of membranes for the plant engineers, chemists, technical staff, students, and scientists.
- Conduct research and development that can lead to the next generation of products.
- Provide technical services to the end-users.
- Provide on-site field test services to food, chemical, petroleum and environmental industries.